Sunday, November 26, 2006

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas...at our house

Yesterday we went into our attic and got our Christmas Tree and all of our Christmas decorations. Within a few hours, our house was transformed into the spirit of Christmas. My favorite part of the Christmas decorating process is getting out the ornaments and placing them on the tree.
We have so many ornaments that are sentimental for one reason or another. We have an ornament labled, "Our First Christmas Together" that we received just after we were married. We have an ornament with a picture and date of each of our kids' first Christmas. There are so many other ornaments and decorations that are meaningful to us and bring back memories. I love to pull out each ornament and/or decoration and just sit and reflect on it's meaning for a moment before doing anything with it. As you might imagine, it takes me quite awhile to get my house completely decorated for Christmas, but that's okay. There is something about Christmas decorations that just makes me smile everytime I look at them. I love to go out at night into different neighborhoods and just look at the Christmas lights on all of the many houses.
After our house was completely decorated yesterday, we watched 'Charlie Brown's Christmas'...such a cute movie!! Cael fell asleep after the first half but Greyson watched it almost all the way through. Watching Christmas movies is also on my list of favorite things to do during the season...and I plan to watch ALL the classics again this season! :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home