Friday, May 30, 2008

Brinsley Diane has arrived!!

At my dr. appointment last Friday, May 23rd, the dr. sent me to the hospital to run some tests due to the fact that my blood pressure had been elevated for two appointments in a row. Steve drove me to the hospital where I completed my testing for the day. The dr. asked that I come back the next day (Saturday) for some more tests and then she would make a decision as to whether I should be admitted or not. When I arrived at the hospital on Saturday, I was fully expecting to be released. After more testing, the dr. determined that I had pre-eclampsya and needed to be admitted and induced. My head was absolutely spinning after the dr. gave me this news. I hadn't been prepared for that! I hadn't brought anything with me to the hospital, hadn't even packed a bag at home! Steve went home and collected all of the essential items that I would be needing. Fortunately, my mom had arrived just a few days before that and was staying at home with the boys! What a blessing!

I was induced late Saturday evening, my water broke around 2:30 a.m. Sunday morning and I received my epidural around 8:30 a.m. Brinsley Diane made her entrance into this world at 10:54 a.m. Sunday, May 25th. She weighed in at 7 lbs. 9 oz. and was 19 inches long!

We were in a complete state of shock after she was born. We had decided early on in the pregnancy not to find out the gender of the baby. Steve and I were both fully expecting a boy...probably because that's all we knew and we couldn't imagine any different. We were so excited to find out that we had a beautiful baby girl!! Of course we are a little partial but we think she's the most beautiful baby girl in the world! :)

Here are some pictures of Baby Brinsley!!


This is me late Saturday night a couple hours after induction



And here's Brinsley!!!


Getting her first test...the apgar. She passed with flying colors! :)


What a precious moment!



Daddy & Brinsley



Grandma and Baby Brinsley



just a few hours old


The hat & blanket were handmade and given to Brinsley from the hospital



All dressed & ready to come home from the hospital


sleeping peacefully at home...just 3 days old

1 Comments:

At 6:35 PM, Blogger Kiley said...

Congratulations on your beautiful little girl. She shares a birthday with another little girl as well. Abigail was born in Arizona on the same day. I will never forget when your little arrived. And I myself have had 3 girls, but yours is definately a cutie.

Kiley Rodrigues
Johnston, RI

 

Post a Comment

<< Home