Monday, September 03, 2007

More on us

Well, not a whole lot new going on with us. Were keeping really busy with things at church and with our kids. My new Sunday School class (ages 18-25 years) just started up last week. I only had three people but that's okay! Were excitedly praying for growth and in God's time, it will happen.
Awana is starting back up at our church this Wednesday, September 5th. We are still short a few workers so please pray that those the Lord has lined up for these positions will step forward to volunteer.
I mentioned in my last post that I was serving as a cheerleading coach at Temple Christian School. We have had two games already and won both of them!! Yay! Go Lions! I am really enjoying coaching a great deal. We have practices every Wednesday for a couple of hours in the afternoon. I love all of the girls on the squad, they are so sweet and they are doing such a great job!
I am also working as a Youth Coordinator for the Brevard Baptist Association - meaning that I help put together and coordinate county wide associational activities, outreaches and events. This coming weekend, I am attending a leadership seminar in Lake Yale that will help train me for that position.
Steve will be attending Rock the Universe this weekend with a group of teens from church. Rock the Universe is an activity at Universal Studios. There will be several popular christian bands playing concerts all throughout the park and the teens will have access to the park and to the concerts for the entire day. I'm sure it will be a great time, but it will also make for a long night.
The boys are continuing to grow and grow. Cael has quite a vocabulary now. He is even starting to put sentences together! When he is eating a snack and the dog is nearby, he will point at her and say, 'doggie no eat!' If he can't find Greyson or Steve, he will look at me, shrugg his shoulders and say, 'where he go?' Of course it sounds more like, 'waa-ee-go?' But I can understand what he is saying. He is quite the climber also. He actually has busted out one side of his crib in an attempt to climb out of it. Until we can get it fixed (or afford a new crib), we are pushing the side of the crib that he busted out up against the wall. So, he is sleeping in a three sided crib at this time. But, it does seem to be serving the purpose.
Greyson is also growing. Sometimes I don't quite know how he's actually growing because he eats so little. Like Cael, Greyson is pretty active. He loves to climb the trees in our backyard. I am homeschooling Greyson this year for pre-school. Greyson and I sit down during Cael's afternoon nap and do 'homework'. He is learning to write his letters, lower and upper case, learning sign language and learning about Science and History. He really seems to enjoy Science. He particularly likes the science experiments. So far, he has learned all about condensation, water vapor, evaporation and dew.
Well, that pretty much sums up the going's on in our lives these days. I promise to post more in the not too distant future! :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home